How to Donate
Tuppenny Barn is a not-for-profit social enterprise so we have a constant programme of fundraising events to help us achieve our goals.
There are lots of way you can support us:
- Attend fundraising events
- Sponsor specific events or projects
- Make a donation
- Buy plants from our fundraising stall outside the shop each week
- Arrange a fundraiser, if you have a specific idea for an event please get in touch and we can work with you to deliver it
- Let us know of any new funding streams available locally
If you would like to make a donation please send a cheque made to Tuppenny Barn Education to:
Tuppenny Barn, Main Road, Southbourne PO10 8EZ.
As a social enterprise we are utterly reliant on our fantastic team of volunteers to help us deliver our goals. There are many ways you can help out, whether you have an hour a month spare or a day a week.
Volunteering opportunities include:
- Working on the field, in the cultivation of our fruit, vegetables, herbs, salads and flowers. Some gardening experience is useful and you must be fit and willing to work outdoors. Thursday is our regular volunteer day for field volunteers, who work for a few hours only, or all day from 9am-5pm. We provide hot or cold drinks, cakes and bakes to keep you going (!) and provide all the tools you need. You will need to bring your own lunch and suitable clothing.
- Events help. We always need people that can help us with the wide programme of events that take place at Tuppenny Barn. This help is very much on an adhoc basis and it can include helping with refreshments, getting ready before an event, manning a stall and helping clear up afterwards. We also always need help from volunteers happy to help distribute our quarterly Events Programme.
- Cake-makers. Keen bakers are always in high demand for when we have pop-up cafes and events. If you are a whizz with brownies or can knock up some flapjacks do please get in touch. We would be really grateful.
Whatever your area of expertise, if you are interested in volunteering please contact Maggie Haynes email@example.com to arrange a time to meet. Thank you.