July 7, 2017 – July 7, 2017
Join the HandleBards’ all-male troupe for a performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream as you’ve never seen it before!
Before touring their “beautifully bonkers” production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream around the world, the HandleBards – the world’s first cycling theatre company – pedalled the show 1500 miles around the UK by bicycle, with all the necessary set, props and costume in tow. Now, the show is back by popular demand – and, in usual HandleBards style, we can expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
And what’s the play about? Well, four young lovers find themselves enveloped in the dream-like arms of a magical forest full of sprites, where a feuding Fairy King and Queen are at war over the possession of an Indian boy. A group of amateur actors share the same forest. They’re rehearsing for a play. Fairies and humans collide. Hilarity ensues.
Visit www.handlebards.com to find out more.
Doors open 6.30pm. Show starts at 7pm.
Notes on Performance
- Doors open at 6:30pm, so why not arrive a bit early, enjoy our pre-show food (you can pre-book if you’re really organised) and come and enjoy the beautiful surroundings before the show starts at 7pm?
- Please do not bring your own picnics. We will be selling Pulled Pork Baps and Spicy Bean Burgers – please book in advance if you can as this really helps reduce food waste.
- Please bring warm clothing as the show will take place outdoors, weather permitting.
- Chairs and blankets and low level accessories are welcome. Chairs may be asked to be moved if hindering views.
- In case of rain, please don’t bring umbrellas as they block sight-lines for other audience members. Ponchos and raincoats are just as fetching anyway, so please wear these instead!
- Licensed bar pre-show and during the interval.
- Suitable for all ages and as popular with grown-ups as with children.