Welcome to Tuppenny Barn...
Our vision is to create a better future for our children through inspiring communities to learn about sustainable and organic food.
Tuppenny Barn is a UK registered charity. We cultivate and harvest organic produce, using this to create learning experiences for all ages and to promote the benefits of growing, cooking and eating healthy food.
From hosting school trips and after-school clubs, to workshops and holiday activities, we teach children where fruit and vegetables come from, the benefits of eating nutritional food and give them the skills to grow and prepare their own meals.
We also provide educational experiences and activities for the wider community, to help people develop their growing and cooking abilities, alongside countryside skills like foraging, wreath making and willow weaving.
Our Education Centre has been designed with sustainable principles at its heart and provides a beautiful space for meetings, community and music events, art exhibitions and special occasions like weddings.
Our shop, open every Thursday and Friday sells delicious, fresh organic bread, cakes and bakes, eggs, preserves and the fresh organic fruit, vegetables and cut flowers we grow here.
Help this special place thrive – visit today and find out what Tuppenny Barn can offer you and your community!
- Macmillan Coffee Morning, Meet the Producers, and Upcoming Visits to Tuppenny Barn
- Glorious Rain, Romeo & Juliet come to Tuppenny Barn, and upcoming events
- Orkney Islands Trip and Sowing for Winter
- Orkney Islands, Growing Winter Veg Workshop, and Children’s Holiday Activities
- Boysenberries, The Handlesbards Romeo and Juliet, and Organic Dried Fruit