Welcome to Tuppenny Barn!
Our mission is to provide learning experiences for children and adults to promote organic growing, healthy cooking and eating, and sustainable horticultural practices.
Learning experiences for children include school trips, a monthly after-school club 'Tuppenny Explorers', a monthly activity workshop for pre-schoolers 'Tuppenny Tots', and kids holiday activities. We show children where fruit and vegetables come from, teach them about the nutritional benefits of eating fresh fruit and vegetables and give them the knowledge and skills to both 'grow their own' and prepare healthy fresh meals.
Adult learning experiences include workshops on Growing, preserve making, cookery, countryside skills (such as willow weaving), flower growing and bouquet making and our hugely popular wreath making classes at Christmas.
Our shop, selling delicious, fresh organic bread, cakes and bakes, eggs, preserves and the organic fruit and vegetables grown on site is open every Thursday and Friday.
Come along and see us: we look forward to welcoming you soon!
- October heatwave, hedgerow management and olive harvest
- This week in the shop – 16 Oct 2017
- This week in the shop – 9 October 2017
- Getting ready for the Festive Season, Ground Community Awards Nominee, and Olive Harvesting
- Emsworth British Food Fortnight, Attention Chocolate Lovers!, and Macmillans Coffee Morning