Tuppenny Barn is transforming! Our plans for a new Shop and Community Café will help our community thrive, sustainably.
As well as providing a beautiful, green, unique space for members of our local community to enjoy delicious organic food and drink, and to purchase organic and local artisanal produce from our shop, the new building will be crucial to increasing our charitable offerings to children and vulnerable groups. It means we will be able to:
- Increase the school visits we can accommodate by up to 20%
- Increase the number of vulnerable individuals who can benefit from our social and therapeutic horticulture groups
- Create jobs for 3-4 new employees and 12 new volunteers
- Offer work experience and accredited training for up to 40 vulnerable individuals with additional needs
- Build our resilience and help secure the future of Tuppenny Barn
- Provide a richer and more diverse learning environment, including a covered outdoor classroom, which will benefit school children, NHS referrals for horticultural therapy, and adults with additional needs
Our goals to create jobs, implement training courses to help people get back to work, use natural resources, and to help our community prosper are in line with both the UK’s strategic sustainability goals and the UN’s sustainable development goals.
We’re more determined than ever to offer unique educational experiences to children, to provide guidance about healthy eating and sustainably living, and to build the community resilience we so desperately need in these times. We know we can thrive after this pandemic and we are all looking forward, but we need your help!
Please support us in Transforming Tuppenny
If you would like more information about Transforming Tuppenny, we would love to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com. Or if you are interested in different ways you can support the project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.