We have 2 upcoming sessions of CPD which are free to teachers due to a grant from South Downs National Park.
Plant Power Tuesday 16th November 2021 4-5pm Online
Learning how to teach about plants through outdoor education. Practical lesson ideas for KS1 and KS2
Using plants and trees found on the school grounds (can be as little as buttercups) we will give you the tools to teach the plants programme of study. Simple, practical and memorable ideas to inspire the children and give you confidence to connect with nature and bring it back into the classroom. During the session we will demonstrate low or no cost activities for you to do with your students.
Fork to Fork Tuesday 11th January 2022 4-6pm
In person at Tuppenny Barn
- Learning how to teach your students to cook simple recipes from produce grown at school.
- Learning about seasonal growing and eating.
- Practical lesson ideas for KS1 and KS2.
This face to face training will equip you with the confidence to teach your students simple recipes using your own school grown produce (even if you only have room to grow herbs). By the end of the session you will have learnt the benefits of seasonal growing and eating on the environment and the local economy. You will be shown practical skills to teach cooking as well as grow your own produce. You will leave with seeds to kick start your growing adventure. Light refreshments will be provided.
To Book a place please email: email@example.com
Include the following details:
- Workshop and participants name
- Name of School
- Year Group taught/job title:
- Have you visited Tuppenny Barn?
- What access do you have to outside space?
- Would you like to receive Tuppenny Barn Education updates : Yes/No
(We will not share your details with 3rd Parties)
Meeting code/directions will be sent to you before the meeting via email